How do I manage or customize my Meeting Types?
Meeting types are powerful feature of Zoom.ai because they let you easily pre-configure your meeting settings, and then reuse these settings for faster meeting scheduling.
While Zoom.ai includes a number of pre-configured meeting types out of the box, users in Professional and Corporate plans can also now easily add their own Custom Meeting Types! This makes it easy to configure each different meeting according to your personal needs. For example you can customize your "discovery" calls with specific settings like a 30min duration, Zoom.us video conferencing and 11am-7pm availability, and then customize your on-site interviews with the office location, a 2hour duration and a 10-5pm availability to ensure your hiring managers can also attend.
Custom meeting types are also a great way to create customized Personal Scheduling links. (Your Personal Scheduling link is a public URL that you can share with anyone to easily book a meeting with you).
To manage or customize your Meeting types and settings head over to https://app.zoom.ai/settings/meeting. Learn more below on managing these settings.
Applying a Meeting Type
This section covers how to apply an existing meeting type via web or chat. To learn how to customize your current meeting types or create new ones please scroll down.
On the Web
To use your pre-configured meeting type when scheduling via the web, simply select it from the "Meeting Type" dropdown menu under the Details tab. This will pre-configure all the settings based on those currently associated with that meeting type. For example you will see the duration and availability will update, and any other settings like location or lead time will be set.
To use your meeting type when scheduling via your favourite chat platform like Slack, you can reference it by saying the type name, followed by the word "Meeting". For example if your meeting type name is "Interview" you would tell you assistant "Book a Interview Meeting with..." This will pre-configure all the settings based on those currently associated with that meeting type.
The following meetings are currently available out of the box. Custom Types can also be added for professional and corporate users. We highly recommend creating your own custom meeting types to unlock the power of Zoom.ai!
- Default Meeting
- Skype / Webex / Google Hangouts
Managing your Meeting Types
To manage your Meeting Types go to: https://app.zoom.ai/settings/meeting
All of your meeting types will be listed to offer an easy overview. From this page you can quickly copy a personal scheduling link for any meeting type, or click "Edit" next to each type to customize the meeting settings.
The edit view will allow you to edit any of the pre-configured options. These options are grouped into three main sections - Name & Link, Availability and Location. See the next section for more information on each of these.
Adding a Custom Type
To start adding new custom meeting type go to https://app.zoom.ai/settings/meeting and click the "+ New Meeting Type" button.
To save any meeting type you will first need to give your meeting type a label. Choose this label carefully as this name will be used to request the meeting type and will be visible to your meeting invitees (appearing on the meeting selection page and the personal scheduling link form page).
Once you have entered a custom label for your meeting type you will be able to customize the following settings for your new meeting type:
Name & Link
- Meeting Type Name - Give your meeting type a name. Choose this label carefully as this name will be used to request the meeting type and will be visible to your meeting invitees (appearing on the meeting selection page and the personal scheduling link form page). Once saved this can't be edited so choose wisely.
- Personal Scheduling link - Your Personal Scheduling link is a public URL that you can share with anyone to easily book a meeting with you! Add this self scheduling option to an email, share it via SMS or chat, or integrate it with your web lead forms.
- Meeting Instructions - Easily add meeting instructions to your Meeting Selection page and the Personal Scheduling link form. This is useful for adding a brief bio or to clarify the purpose of the meeting.
- Information on how to reference the meeting type from chat
- Availability - Is there a time of day you prefer for these type of meetings to happen? Don't make this too narrow if you are meeting with external clients, as it will limit the time offered to them.
- Duration - How long will this meeting type last? e.g. 1hr, 30min
- Lead Time - Lead Time setting ensures that you are never caught off guard with a last minute meeting! Lead time is the minimum amount of time before a meeting can be scheduled.
- Location / Phone Number - Enter the on-site location where the meeting will occur, or phone number where you want to connect
- Video Conference Provider - Connect a video conference provider for seamless scheduling of video conferences
What does "learned" mean?
"Learned" means that your assistant will use your data to learn your preferences. This is part of the AI component of your automated assistant. For example if you like your coffee meetings to be limited to 30min, occur between 2:00-4:00pm at your favourite corner coffee shop, and your lunch meetings are typically for 2 hours from 12:00-2:00pm; your assistant will learn your habits and update your meeting settings accordingly. You can also easily pre-configure these settings so your assistant can set up your meetings in a snap! Scroll down to learn more about the AI powered "learned" setting.
If you would like to change what the assistant learns, all you need to do is uncheck the "learned" box and manually teach your assistant what your preference is.
The defaults for your meeting types are based on what your assistant has learned from your calendar, to change these at any time click here https://app.zoom.ai/settings/meeting.