How do I ask my Invitee's Questions?
Invitee Questions allow Zoom.ai users to quickly and easily collect additional information from invitees when scheduling a meeting. It's a great way to get more information from clients or candidates when they schedule time with you!
Questions will be asked prior to a user selecting / suggesting a time, and answers are immediately sent to you using your preferred notification method (email or chat).
You can easily customize different questions for each meeting type; for example ask your prospect one set of questions before your sales demos, and then ask new clients different questions prior to a training session - so that you're always prepared for each different meeting!
Adding Invitee Questions
Questions can easily be added to any new or existing Meeting Type. Each Meeting Type has a section called "Additional Customizations". Open this section and under Invitee Questions click " + Add a Question".
Up to 25 Invitee Questions can be added per meeting type for Pro and Team users. Basic plan users are limited to displaying 1 question at a time.
- Enter new Question - Type in your question in the question box.
- Answer Type - Select the answer type that works best for your question type.
- Long Text - An open multi-line text box that works well for questions requiring short or long open-ended answers.
- Short Text - An open short text box that works well for short answers. e.g. What's the name of your company?
- Dropdown - Create a drop down menu of answers. This works well for questions where the invitee is asked to select from predefined answers.
- Required - Select "Required" to force invitees to answer the question before selecting a time.
- Display Order - The display order of questions can be updated by using the up / down arrows provided.
- Delete a Question - Click "x" to delete a question.
Collecting Invitee Answers
Once questions are added to your meeting type, then any meeting associated with that meeting type will automatically prompt all your invitees with the questions. This includes both self-booked meetings (using your personal scheduling link), and private meetings where the invite is sent from your assistant (or via a private invite link).
If your invitees invites other guests (using the personal scheduling link "add guests" feature) then those new invitees will also automatically be asked the questions.
The questions will appear for your invitees prior to them selecting / suggesting a time. Once a user submits the answers, they are immediately saved and sent to the meeting creator using their preferred notification method (email or chat). The notification includes the name of invitee and all questions and answers. Since all questions are optional, if an invitee leaves an answer blank you will see "No Answer Submitted".
In addition the answers are included in the native Calendar details (for visibility, access to other meeting attendees).