How do I connect and customize my Calendar?
When you first create your Zoom.ai account (by logging in via Google or Microsoft) Zoom.ai automatically syncs with your default calendar associated with your Google or Microsoft account. This makes it easy to start scheduling meetings quickly!
If for some reason you don't yet have a calendar connected but want to use the Zoom.ai meeting scheduling features, you will need to connect to a calendar so that your assistant can help you manage it. Learn more about connecting multiple calendars here
Zoom.ai supports connecting your Google, Microsoft Office 365, Outlook, Exchange, iCloud or Salesforce calendar.
- You can confirm what calendar you have connected from your Account list and can view all the items on your calendar
- You can view the items on your connected calendar here: https://app.zoom.ai/calendar
Adding a new Calendar
To add a new Calendar go to: https://app.zoom.ai/settings/accounts/add#calendar
- Next click "Add" button associated with the calendar provider you want to add (e.g. Google, Microsoft) and follow the instructions to authorize access.
- Want to connect more then one calendar? Learn more about connecting multiple calendars here
- Since each attached calendar may have multiple calendars associated with it, when adding you can set the correct one by clicking on the blue "Calendars" button (from the Account list ) and ensuring the radio button is set to that calendar. This will also appear in the Account list under "Account Name".
Setting a Default Calendar
- Only one single calendar at a time (the one set as "Default" in your Account list) will be used for scheduling your meetings. Other (non default) connected calendars will be used to check your availability only!
- When setting your default calendar ensure you select a calendar that you have both read and write permissions for - or scheduling will fail. (You may need to contact your organizations calendar Google Cloud or Microsoft administrator for assistance - as these permissions live outside of Zoom.ai)
- You can set your default calendar (the one used to book the meetings on) from your Account list - click the "Default" button and then the calendar icon will turn red to indicate that it is your default calendar. You can also set your default from your Meeting Scheduling > General Settings page
Calendar Availability - Free vs. Busy
Zoom.ai requires access to your calendar so that your assistant can make a decision when to schedule based on your availability.
- Existing calendar events marked as Busy will be considered unavailable time, and your assistant will not book you and will prevent others from booking you. This time slot will not be offered to your invitees.
- Existing calendar events marked as Free (or Tentative or Working elsewhere in Microsoft calendar) will be considered available (not busy) and made available for future bookings. To allow invitees to schedule time with you during an event on a connected calendar, update that event's status from Busy to Free.
- If you were double booked by Zoom.ai then please check your existing calendar event (in your own Google or Microsoft calendar) to confirm the event was set to busy (and NOT free or tentative).
- Learn about the "Book Anyhow" option
Microsoft Outlook Calendar allows you to select Busy / Free for each meeting. This allows you to manually mark individual events as Free or Busy, to control whether or not the event affects your availability.
Google Calendar will mark new events you create or are invited to as "Busy" by default. You can manually override this setting and mark individual events as Free or Busy, to control whether or not the event affects your availability.