Using Zoom.ai with Google Hangouts Chat
Integrate Zoom.ai with Hangouts Chat to access your Zoom.ai assistant using natural language. Chat with your very own AI-powered meeting assistant. Schedule meetings, simplify meeting prep and get more done fast without leaving Google Hangouts Chat. For example you can quickly schedule meetings right from Hangouts Chat by asking "Book a meeting with Tom next week".
With Zoom.ai for Google Hangouts you can:
✓ Automate meeting scheduling without the back-and-forth (1:1 & group meetings)
✓ Instantly schedule internal team meetings
✓ Automatically book meeting rooms
✓ Learn more about your meeting attendees with people insights
✓ Always be prepared with automated meeting briefings
✓ Quickly access information & sync meeting details with your ATS or CRM
✓ Easily find information & generate documents
✓ Connect 60+ integrations like Hubspot, Greenhouse and more
Not sure which Google chat platform you are using?
Back in 2015, Google announced it would be discontinuing Google Talk (also known as “Gchat”) and instructed users to migrate to the Google Hangouts app on the Chrome browser. As part of this transition Google stopped supporting bots on Gtalk. As of 2019 Google is once again transitioning users from classic Hangouts to their latest chat platform - Hangouts Chat. We recommend using Zoom.ai with Hangouts Chat. As required by Google - you will need a Gsuite account to use Hangouts Chat.
Screenshot of Zoom.ai in Hangouts Chat (App)
Setting up Zoom.ai on Google Hangouts Chat
- If you haven't already - register for your Zoom.ai account here: Get Started with Zoom.ai
- Next open Google Hangouts Chat (either in the desktop version or in your browser via https://chat.google.com/). If you are not signed into Google, sign in. Note: You need a G Suite account to access Hangouts Chat
- Click on the Hangouts Search box and select "Find a Bot".
- Search the bots directory for "ZoomAI". When it appears select it.
- From the ZoomAI listing click "Message". This will add the Zoom.ai Assistant to your list of Hangouts Bots. It will appear as "ZoomAI" under your Bots list.
- If you have already registered with Zoom.ai (from our web app) then your assistant should say hi to you in chat.
- If you haven't registered follow the instructions provided by your assistant in chat.
- Not heard from your assistant? Say hi to get started.
- Whenever you want to use your Zoom.ai assistant in Hangouts chat simply click on the ZoomAI and chat with your assistant! It's that easy. Learn more about scheduling meetings in chat.
Removing Zoom.ai from Google Hangouts Chat
- If you need to remove Zoom.ai from Hangouts Chat simply mouseover the "ZoomAI" listing under "Bots" click the "..." menu and select "Remove".